Blogger Template by Blogcrowds

Some people call Chip E. one of the godfathers of Chicago house music. But back in high school I didn't know anything about him. I just knew that I really liked to dance to his record, "If You Only Knew".

I used to get so excited when it'd come on one of the WBMX mixes. It was the house music version of a song by the Smiths. A bit dark, lonely and full of unrequited love.

Here's the track with some great footage of Chicago. Watching this makes me a little homesick.

2 Comments?:

I remember dancing to this song at a "juice bar" called McGreevey's in Chicago. I think it was 1986. I was 15 or 16. Thanks for sharing!

October 19, 2008 at 7:13:00 PM PDT  

Great video, thanks for posting this and also I hope you can still adding this videos for enlighten me every single day do I come over here.

December 10, 2010 at 10:16:00 AM PST  

Newer Post Older Post Home