Blogger Template by Blogcrowds

There are few things I love more than a fantastic house or techno record. Fortunately, I subscribe to a podcast called "Dance Department: The Best Beats To Go" so I get access on a weekly basis to some of the freshest gems from around the world.

"All Alone" by Splitter is the first track on this week's session and fits the fantastic record bill perfectly. This may be one 12 inch I head over to Amoeba Music to buy today.

Splitter is a collaboration between Dutch house DJ Martijn Ten Velden, born and bred in the original Haarlem, and UK alternative producer/musician Mark Yardley. Boy oh boy, they should collaborate more because they get the job done. It's not a hugely complicated track. There are only three sung lines to the whole song:

"I don't feel like going home...without you.
I don't feel like going home...all alone.
I don't feel like going home."

If I were out somewhere dancing and the DJ was playing "All Alone", I wouldn't want to go home either. You can go to Mark's MySpace page or to Martijn's to hear "All Alone" in the music players. But, you might want to put on your dancing shoes first .

2 Comments?:

Hmmm.. Sounds interesting. A friend just burned some techno for me. I have been edging up to it for a while.

Phooey. I went to listen and the player acts like it's playing, but no sound comes out.

December 26, 2006 at 3:56:00 PM PST  

I think Mark's player works better than Martijn's. Hopefully that one will work. I tried to get the record at Amoeba as a birthday present for myself and it was sold out.

December 29, 2006 at 10:39:00 AM PST  

Newer Post Older Post Home