Blogger Template by Blogcrowds

"Put your hands up for Detroit, a lovely city," sings a male voice before the vocals fall away and we descend into a thumping electronic bassline.


"Put Your Hands Up For Detroit" feels more techno than house to me...Regardless of genre, it's the kind of record that makes the dancer seem more alive, lovelier, fresher. It's exactly the kind of track that would have had me dancing up on a table ten years ago at the old Shelter nightclub in Chicago.

Certainly, this ode to Detroit, the ancestral home of techno, is ridiculously catchy, even if I do think Fedde Le Grande, a DJ from the Netherlands, must not have spent a ton of time in Detroit if he believes it's a lovely city. Then again, it's been at least a decade since I was last there, so I could be wrong. Maybe it's changed...gentrification, "urban renewal" and all that.

In any case, my club days are pretty much over so I'll be rocking this while running at the park and driving through South-Central. Maybe Fedde will make a "Put Your Hands Up For Los Angeles"

Not sure how he'll describe this city though. Any ideas?

0 Comments?:

Newer Post Older Post Home