Blogger Template by Blogcrowds

I'm a renowned insomniac so how could I not love this song? I've been listening to Insomnia, a house record by Rodamaal pretty much nonstop for the past two weeks.

Rodamaal, pictured to the left, are a Franco-Portuguese trio. The song's Ame Remix, featuring Claudia Franco, on vocals is an intoxicating mix of old school deep house with a touch of trance thrown in.

The lyrics, sung in Portuguese, roughly translate as, "'Asleep but awake you prepare yourself for a dazzling moment. In the night you lose yourself. The wind gives way to your steps in your own rhythm and time. And if the lights go out that is because chance is over. Dazzling. Lost. Lost inside your sleepwalking." Once you start listening to this, you certainly won't be sleepwalking.

I'm going to guess you'll be energized enough to work it out on the dance floor, run a mile...or clean the house. Guess which one I do most?

4 Comments?:

ØI am an insomniac too and when I haev soem time and energy, cleaning my house is not my first priority or if it is, it rarely gets crossed off! LOL!

(wahn!)

Mary

December 15, 2006 at 1:51:00 PM PST  

My blogger comment thing isn't working right--sorry Mary Taitt

December 15, 2006 at 2:04:00 PM PST  

I know, I prefer to write instead of clean but if I don't clean, the messiness distracts me and I find it impossible to write! :)

December 15, 2006 at 7:00:00 PM PST  

It is a great review, this type of music is just perfect.

September 15, 2011 at 8:23:00 AM PDT  

Newer Post Home